Nike Sports Culture goes mobile with the launch of Nike AF-1 Mobile.
The Nike Air Force 1 is a revolutionary shoe that contains over 25 years of inspiration. A mobile version of nikeairforce1.com was developed to allow a portable form of this extensive experience.
A list of the AF-1 mobile site features include:
- Web > SMS Functionality
- 800+ Product Profiles
- 800+ Mobile Downloads/Wallpapers
- “Save your Collection” Functionality
- “Forward-to-a-Friend” SMS Functionality
- Advanced Search functionality
- Multi-language Global Support - translated into over 16 languages
- Shared data resources with nikeairforce1.com
- Data management utility
- Dynamic growth support - allowing regional office to update with ease
- Dynamic asset resizing
- Handset Detection
A Web > SMS gateway can be accessed from anywhere within the nikeairforce1.com experience. Here users can:
- a.) send the direct link of a specific AF-1 profile to their mobile via SMS
- b.) send their bookmarked AF-1 Collection to their mobile via SMS
Each of these SMS messages contain a dynamic link pointing to a specific section within the AF-1 mobile site.
Users can browse their favorite AF-1s within the 1Thology section of the site. Here users can read individual profiles and attain full product details/specs on each AF-1.
An advanced search utility is present, where users can look-up shoes based on their various attributes — colors, style, product components, and stitch.
A separate download page is available where users can download various AF-1 wallpapers to their handset. Handset detection serves up the appropriate sizes. Additional wallpapers can also be found on each of the 800+ profile pages.
The AF-1 site was launched prior to the release of the iPhone, but was later optimized for the iPhone interface.
AF-1 mobile supports over 16 languages — including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and all the major European languages.